Saturday, April 28, 2007

Where, oh where is my motivation, and the drunk guy who yelled in the library...

With graduation less than one week away, and just one last final to go (Evidence) why is it so difficult to buckle down and study? I feel, in a weird sort of way, that one foot is already out the door, and I am straddling the line between law school and those eensy weensy 11 days before I start bar prep.

Speaking of bar prep, how in the world do people find the motivation to study for the bar after law school? I mean, I am so burned out on this body of knowledge called "the law" that I have been devoting my attention to, that I just want to curl up in a ball and watch endless amounts of TV. Or travel the world with just a backpack and a digital camera. Studying for another couple of months is the absolute last thing I feel like doing right now. Just like studying for my Evidence exam is also probably about the last thing I want to do right now.

This post is going absolutely nowhere, and is probably devolving into nonsensical complaining, but I am hoping there are others out there who share my law school despondency. Since this is happening, I will share a short funny story with you:

The third day of law school finals a guy walked into this study room of the law school (it isn't really the library, but rather just a huge study room). This young chap proceeded to yell, for all to hear in the very quiet room, "I'm DONE!!! AND IIIII'M DRUNK!!!"

The rest of the room, bemused, then pained, turned back to studying, no doubt everybody just a wee bit jealous that most of their finals are still ahead of them.

No comments: